Binnudeya

Binnudeya

A reader with the attention span of a hummingbird.

The Road - Cormac McCarthy This is the darkest book ever written. Not in a sad way, just in a ridiculously dark foggy murky post apocalyptic bleak way.
Basically, a man and his son survival on the road few years after the world ends.

A few random thoughts:
1. Favorite parts were probably the conversations between father and son, it was a bit of an escape from all depressing scenery descriptions and it was really sweet and how most of their conversations ended like this.
Okay.
Okay.
I found myself smiling for now good reason what so ever.

2. I liked the unknowns, like you never actually knew how the world ended or even their names or what does carrying the fire means.

3. You know from the begging there could never be happy ending because salvation doesn`t exist not even after the world ends.

“Once there were brook trout in the streams in the mountains. You could see them standing in the amber current where the white edges of their fins wimpled softly in the flow. They smelled of moss in your hand. Polished and muscular and torsional. On their backs were vermiculate patterns that were maps of the world in its becoming. Maps and mazes. Of a thing which could not be put back. Not be made right again. In the deep glens where they lived all things were older than man and they hummed of mystery.”