Binnudeya

Binnudeya

A reader with the attention span of a hummingbird.

The Shadow of the Wind - Lucia Graves, Carlos Ruiz Zafón "Well, this is a story about books.'
'about books?"
'About accursed books, about the man who wrote them, about a character who broke out of the pages of a novel so that he could burn it, about a betrayal and a lost friendship. It`s a a story of love, of hatred, and of all the dreams that live in the shadow of the wind.
And, like all true stories, it begins and ends in a cemetery, although not the sort of cemetery you imagine.'

In short, this is a book about childhood friends, secret lovers,
loneliness and loss.

This is how it all starts: A 10 year old Danial wakes up at dawn crying because he realized he had lost all memories of his late mother. His father takes him to this special place, The Cemetery of forgotten books where he has to choose a book because According to tradition, the first time someone visits this place, he must choose a book, whichever he wants, and adopt it, making sure that it will never disappear, that it will always stays alive. It`s very important promise. For life.

And so The shadow of the wind was chosen.

Danial so attached to that book tries to find all the books of Julian Carax but someone has been on a mission to burn all of his books. Wrapped in this huge mystery that is Julian Carax`s life story and books, Danial is introduced to all of these amazing characters.

The thing is this book is so unpredictable with a great plot, books within books, pretty writing (which if I starting putting quotes, I`ll rewrite the entire book and that might be considered spoilers).

All of that with a Gothic undertone, lots of adventures and mystery. And and and Julian Carax he`s just so LEGENDARY!!

I haven`t been excited about a book like this in a long time, and it was compelling and engrossing and addicting, I just can`t rave enough.